Applying to the Academy program
Admission criteria | Application process | Apply online
Students who wish to participate in the Academy program should first meet with a high school counselor or principal to discuss the opportunities and risks offered by the College Credit Plus Program.
The Ohio State Academy at the Columbus campus follows the same competitive admission process as undergraduate admissions. High school students who wish to be considered for the Academy at the Columbus campus will be evaluated based on the following:
- High school curriculum and performance (class rank, GPA)
- College admissions standardized tests: ACT, SAT
- Accelerated curriculum (Honors, AP, IB)
- Ability and desire to contribute to a diverse campus community
- Leadership, co-curricular and work experiences
- Competitiveness of high school
- Status as a first-generation college student
- Outstanding talent in a particular area
- High school performance was adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
- Eligible for and will benefit from organized support services at Ohio State
Academy admission criteria for regional campuses
Admission requirements for regional campuses are based on students meeting the college readiness requirements set by the State of Ohio. Go to undergrad.osu.edu/academy/regionals.html to learn more or contact a regional campus directly.
To be considered for admission to the Academy program, students must submit the following materials by the deadline (see "Application deadlines" below):
- Completed online application (see below for login information), including a 300-word essay.
- Completed High School Information Form, signed by high school counselor or principal
- Official transcript of high school course work
- Standardized test scores (ACT, SAT)
Note: International students who are currently enrolled in Ohio high schools are eligible to participate in the Ohio State Academy.
Go to the admission application for the Academy.
You'll first create your account or log in if you've already created your account. Then, scroll to the bottom of the list of applications and select the Academy application.
- Autumn semester (begins in August): apply by May 1
- Spring semester (begins in January): apply by November 1
- Summer term (begins in June): apply by April 1
Applying to Ohio State after high school graduation
The Ohio State Academy Program is designed for talented high school students wishing to take college courses while still in high school. Admission to the Academy Program does not imply or guarantee admission to the Columbus campus of The Ohio State University as a degree-seeking student.
An Academy participant who desires admission to Ohio State's Columbus campus as a degree-seeking student must:
- Complete a separate application and participate in a selective admission process.
- Have official test scores sent directly from the testing agency (The College Board or ACT) to Ohio State. Please note that Ohio State requires the writing section of the ACT.