The Ohio State University
Home Authors Stephanie C.
Written by Stephanie C. November 19, 2013
There’s this thing going around on Facebook and I’m sure you’ve probably heard about it. It reminds me of those “truth is” days when you like someone’s status and they tell you what they “truly” think about you.
Well, now I see “LMS [like my status] for a number,” which means if you like a status, that person will assign you a number. After you receive this number, you are to tell that many truths about yourself.
I was wondering how much you, my lovely blog-readers, actually know about me, which I’m assuming isn’t very much (I don’t even think my profile has all the correct information on it). So, I’m going to tell you about me now.
1. Fall is my absolute favorite season EVER.
2. I am the biggest Ohio State fan you will ever meet. At least 90% of my belongings are scarlet, grey, or adorned with a block O.
3. I’m that one girl in the midst of a dozen guys yelling at the TV during a football game (Ohio State, of course. Go Bucks!)
4. I’m obsessed with sweaters and boot socks, especially ugly sweaters from the thrift shop (I have one on right now).
Today as I write this, I’m sporting a wonderful, hideous sweater adorned with a cow.
5. I hate being hot and sweating, unless I’m having a good workout. So I don’t really like summer.
6. My favorite color is purple. All my school stuff (laptop case, keyboard cover, notebooks, folders, pens) is awkwardly purple.
7. I’m super involved in my church, Xenos Christian Fellowship, and I live in a ministry house with 8 other girls. I love it!
This is my group on a retreat to Red River Gorge, Kentucky, in September.
8. I listen to all kinds of music (country, indie, jazz, rap, hip hop, folk, classical), but I am usually found jamming to The Weepies; The Beatles; Frank Sinatra; Peter, Paul & Mary; or Chip Tha Ripper. To second that, I have listened to the Beatles 1 album so many times that I can start singing the next track before it even starts.
9. I’m a camp counselor at my family’s church camp, Sharon Holiness Campmeeting, that I’ve been attending my whole life. I love my kids!
10. The best day of my life thus far was definitely the day I got baptized on the 26th of September this year. It was awesome to share my testimony and to be baptized by my three closest friends.
In the baptism pool getting baptized by my friends Janna, Derek, and Jami.
11. My favorite animal is definitely a cow. I would have a hard time choosing between something cow print and leopard print (I love both).
(L) My cow-print birthday cake (R) My leopard leggings!
12. I have a dog named Jersey (after a Jersey heifer, of course) and he is my favorite person ever (yes, person). Dogs are my weakness.
Do you see the resemblance? 🙂
13. I love Instagram and I make Instagram videos way too much. You can check them out on: http://instagram.com/stephanielikescows
14. I am a server at Cracker Barrel and I love it. If I could eat their food every day for the rest of my life (without being obscenely unhealthy), I most definitely would.
Really proud in this picture. I got my first star after taking a test over the summer!
15. I’m a Psychology major in the pre-law program, but I’m considering picking up a minor in professional writing or a second major in criminology (or both). I love school.
(L) Reading beside the noise of busy architecture students in Knowlton Hall (R) Studying in Thompson Library
16. I’m a big Pinterest girl, and I love to craft and make things look cute.
17. I’m a photographer who particularly likes flowers and nature scenes. I post my photos on here often.
18. I love cheese. Like, I really love cheese. It’s just like me to say “extra cheese, please.” BUT I HATE NACHO CHEESE. I just HATE IT.
19. I sponsor a boy named Suren from Armenia through World Vision. It’s an amazing opportunity to connect with a child and support his or her family and community with only $35 a month: http://www.worldvision.org/sponsor-child
This is Suren, my sponsored child.
20. Nashville is my favorite TV show and my girl, Maggie, and I have hang out on the weekends to watch that Wednesday’s episode. Nashville is one of those shows that I feel sad when it’s over.
Maggie and I make breakfast while listening to the Nashville soundtrack and then watch the show while eating breakfast!
21. I can sing. I have been in 12 honors choirs and sang in the All-Ohio State Fair Youth Choir for three years.
(L) Singing at a May Cabaret talent show (R) Singing a song I wrote about Sharon Camp
22. I’m terrified of spiders. Like my heart pounds when I see one. I’m getting the creeps just thinking about it. I also dislike large bodies of water. They freak me out, even looking at them on Google Earth.
23. I love to cook and bake stuff. I never follow recipes or anything, I just know what I like and put it together. Definitely a crafty cook.
(L) Some crisp I made with peaches, nectarines, and apples (R) Dinner a few nights ago!
24. My guilty pleasure is definitely Boston Stoker’s chai tea latte. They’re $4 which is absolutely ridiculous, but I love them. ♥
25. I have a niece named Elizabeth Marie and I love her to pieces.
I hope this little piece gives you a bit of perspective about my life.
To sum it up, I’m just a simple, suburban, Ohio State-loving girl, and that’s okay. If I’ve learned anything in these few semesters at Ohio State, it’s that you should never stop being yourself.
Because at the end of the day – no matter your classes, degree, extracurricular activities, job, or title – it’s the little things like these that make you who you are, and push you to who you are supposed to be.
Advice, Author, Home, Personal, Personal Events, Relaxation, School Spirit, Stress Relief, Student Life
Great! Another one in the book! Great job! <3
Comments are closed.