By Jess | December 16, 2013
As I’m approaching the end of my first week home for winter break, I’ve gathered some significant intelligence regarding my old, yet simultaneously uncharted, living situation.
Location: My parents’ house (or is it still My House, proper noun?)
Time: Late morning (now that I don’t have an 8 a.m. class bringing my slumber to a quick end)
Temperature: Freezing (my house is kept at a “cool breeze” level which, compared to my tiny, superheated dorm room, seems more like the tundra)
Important observations are as follows.
- Sleeping in my own bed
- Having a COUCH (as opposed to my lovely, if somewhat flattened, bean bag at school)
- Enjoying the spoils of a full kitchen, complete with a stocked fridge
- Driving (who knew I would miss it so much?)
The Not So Good:
- No chance of a late-night Insomnia Cookies delivery
- No movie nights with my roomies as we eat the aforementioned cookies
- No more awesome (and free!) exercise classes at the RPAC
- No more unexpected moments of fun conveyed via email or poster near the elevators (Puppies at Morill! Hot cocoa in the lobby!)
Have I reached my parentheses limit for the year? (I hope not.)
Hope everyone is enjoying a well-deserved break complete with unabashed Netflix viewing…
Comments are closed.