The Ohio State University
Home Authors Ana
Written by Ana April 17, 2013
My advice: don’t grow up.
My other advice: stay in college forever; do not graduate under any circumstances.
My last advice: the first two pieces of advice are not viable.
I’m sorry. It’s true.
Because with graduation comes great responsibility. Examples:
1. Finding a job.
2. Paying off your loans.
3. Figuring out where to live.
4. Trying to keep in touch with friends who are moving all over the country, not fully comprehending that they no longer live next door or down the street.
5. Attempting to make time stop and reverse itself and go back to freshman or sophomore year.
6. Realizing that #5 isn’t possible, then curling up into the fetal position and crying about it.
7. Actually going to work, once #1 is completed. Hopefully not hating it.
8. Just WAITING for an elderly relative to say, “Well, now that you’ve graduated, when are you gonna settle down and get married?”
9. Throwing up after hearing #8.
10. Becoming one of those alumni who incessantly talk about their college days and tell stories.
11. Being okay with #10.
I don’t know for sure yet, but I’m guessing that’s how it goes. I’ll let you know in 17 days.
Student Life, The Future
Comments are closed.