Your academic record will be reviewed to determine your eligibility for admission to the university. Once it is determined that you are admissible, you will be considered for enrollment in the college of your intended major (read about college enrollment criteria).
These non-academic factors may also be considered:
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Leadership, co-curricular and work experiences
- Status as a first-generation college student
- Demonstration of outstanding talent in a particular area
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
- Eligibility for and likelihood of benefiting from organized support services at Ohio State
Admission to the university
Applying to the Columbus campus
Your academic record will be reviewed to determine your eligibility for admission to the university. All transfer students applying to the Columbus campus must submit the following to be considered for admission:
- Online application
- Application fee
- University transcripts from each university attended (sent directly from the university)
If you have fewer than 30 semester or 45 quarter hours at the time of
applying, you must also submit the following:
- High school transcripts (sent directly from the high school)
- Official ACT/SAT scores, sent directly from the testing agency. (Test scores are not required if you graduated from high school more than two years ago.)
Applying to a regional campus
If you have earned at least a 2.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) on your college course work, we will review your academic performance in college to determine your eligibility for admission.
- Ohio State requires that you receive a diploma from a chartered high school or GED to enroll.
- If you have completed any course work at a school outside of the United States, you must submit an official transcript from that institution. Foreign language documents must be translated into English by the issuing institution, an authorized translator or a teacher of the language.