Other types of applicants

Find application instructions for more types of applicants below. If you still can't find what you're looking for, email us at askabuckeye@osu.edu.

To take classes while in high school

Apply to Ohio State's post-secondary program, the Ohio State Academy.

Home school / alternative education students

Ohio State welcomes applications from alternatively educated students, including home school students. These students follow the same admission process as freshman applicants or transfer applicants (if college credit was earned after high school) and are reviewed for admission based on the same criteria as students from public and private high schools.

In addition to the required application materials, which include ACT or SAT scores, home school students must submit:

  • Written verification from the appropriate school district that the student has been excused from compulsory attendance for home education. Students applying from states that do not require school districts to issue a statement excusing the student from compulsory attendance may have this application requirement waived.

  • A detailed curriculum, including course content descriptions and assessment of performance (letter grades, percentages, portfolio commentary, etc.) with an explanation of any applicable grading scales.

ACT or SAT scores are required no matter which campus you are applying to. Contact Undergraduate Admissions if you have further questions.

Veteran or military applicants

Start at the veterans welcome page.

Current college students who want to take a class at Ohio State

Apply through the Office of Distance Education and eLearning (ODEE) if you want to take a class at Ohio State and transfer credit to another degree program at a different college. For information and access to the application: From Admissions & Criteria, scroll to Future Applicants and select the appropriate drop-down.

Ohio State students who want to change campuses

Start at the campus-change welcome page.

Applicants interested in undergraduate professional programs

Students looking at professional programs in nursing, dental hygiene, and health and rehabilitation sciences should start at Graduate and Professional Admissions.

To apply to graduate or professional school

Apply through Graduate and Professional Admissions.

To complete prerequisites

Apply through the Office of Distance Education and eLearning (ODEE) if you are completing prerequisites for a graduate or post-baccalaureate professional degree.

Online programs

View the list of Ohio State's highly ranked online degree programs at online.osu.edu.

Returning students

Start by contacting your college of enrollment.

Adult learners

Apply through the Office of Distance Education and eLearning (ODEE) if you are an adult student who wants to take undergraduate courses (non-degree enrollment). For information and access to the application, visit Admissions & Criteria.