(For the 2015-16 academic year)
The Ohio State University offers a variety of merit scholarships to outstanding students.
1. Unless otherwise indicated, all merit scholarships are offered on a competitive basis to qualified full-time domestic freshmen admitted to the Columbus campus for autumn semester and:
- are available for eight semesters of full-time undergraduate enrollment, and only during terms for which a student is enrolled.
- do not require applications other than Ohio State's admission application (apply.osu.edu) Exceptions: Eminence Scholarship; Morrill Scholars Program (requires an essay on the Common Application); and Cooperative Scholarship Housing programs.
- are renewable annually for a maximum of eight semesters (or the equivalent) of full-time undergraduate enrollment, provided the recipient maintains a 3.2 or higher GPA (earned by no later than the end of the second year).
2. Plan to apply by November 1
Domestic applicants who submit the Common Application and all required materials by the early action deadline of November 1 will receive priority consideration for merit scholarships.
International applicants must submit the Common Application and all required materials by the early action deadline of November 1 if they wish to be considered for the International Undergraduate Scholarship.
Access merit scholarships
Requires additional application
The university administers hundreds of scholarships with specific eligibility requirements. To complete the additional application, go to sfa.osu.edu/scholarships. Click Applying for Special Scholarships then Application for Special Scholarships. Apply by the priority date of February 15.
Regional campus/ATI scholarships
(May require additional application)
If you are interested in a particular major, you may contact your college of interest for scholarship availability and deadline dates. See departmental listings.
If you plan to attend a regional campus or ATI, contact the financial aid office at the appropriate campus for information about scholarships. See regional campus contact information.